- Products & Solutions
- Access choices
- Application performance management
- Internet services
- IP address management
- Managed network services
- Virtual Private Network Services
- Network services solutions
- Business technology services
- CRM professional services
- IT professional services
- Mobility professional services
- Network professional services
- Unified communications professional services
- Field force automation
- Flexible working services
- Managed mobility services
- Secure remote access
- Telecom expense management
- Mobility solutions
- Why BT
Our position and recognition in published analyst reports.
We believe in the power of communication to make a better world
We are proud that our work is recognized time and again by customers, analysts and professional organizations
Our company overview: how we're bringing it all together around the world
Who we’ve helped, and how. Learn how organizations just like yours get better when they work with us.
Join us to explore fresh ideas
Explore and debate the big issues with us as we bring together the latest insight on the hottest IT trends.
From press releases to local news
Great thinking from across the company
Our range of showcases offers you an online or face-to-face insight into our portfolio and its capabilities.
- Let's Talk
- My Account
Protect your organisation
Protect your organisation with expert firewall management.
As a number of high profile attacks remind us - a security breach can happen to anyone, at any time. Defending your organisation against internet based threats is increasingly complex as internet hosted malware becomes ever more sophisticated. Failure to adequately protect your business could lead to loss of data, revenue, brand reputation and customer loyalty.
With operations in over 180 countries supporting some of the world’s largest companies, from financial institutions to pharmaceuticals, we have a unique perspective on cyber crime. We know that a cyber attack can happen anytime.
So we’ve built a team of 2,500 experts in 14 global centres. Constantly watching, learning, predicting and responding to threats to protect us and our customers. So you can rely on us to protect you.
Reduce risk, ensure your firewalls are professionally managed and monitored by BT.
- Our experts perform the centralised management and monitoring of your firewall estate around the world, around the clock, 365 days a year.
- We ensure that your security policy is enforced, giving you the best chance to respond quickly to the latest threats.
- We provide you with the reports and insight you need on system health and threat activity
- We will work with you to optimise your firewall estate and reduce your risk - project managing, deploying, and commissioning appliances where you need them.
- We bring you the best technology to help future-proof your investment and maximise your protection.
Effective firewall management improves the security of your business.
To improve your security, we recommend that you:
- Enable industry-leading protection with advanced threat detection and remediation.
- Ensure you are protecting your most important assets, with a firewall estate that is expertly implemented, monitored, and maintained.
- Protect your organisation from a network that is exposed and vulnerable to attack due to basic firewall maintenance issues.
- Avoid adding layers of complexity and bringing in new features without considering the impact to overall performance.
- Consider outsourcing the management of your firewalls to take away the headache and focus on your wider security strategy.
How we can help
Managing your global firewall estate can be complex and costly.
We know the key challenges in professionally managing a firewall estate:
Maintaining security policy
Designing, monitoring, and maintaining a firewall architecture to implement your security policy is a complex task. Firewall misconfigurations could mean that your policy is not enforced and your networks are vulnerable to attack.
Managing firewall changes
Firewall maintenance and configuration is time-consuming and requires staff skilled in recognising and understanding the threats, and knowing how to deal with them. Unwieldy and conflicting rule sets create backdoor entry points and unnecessary complexity, which can lead to additional cost and increased risk to your organisation.
Keeping up with rules and regulations
Information security regulations are constantly evolving. Ensuring that your policies, firewall configurations, and rule sets are all helping you to remain compliant requires significant expertise.
Maintaining an efficient security architecture
The added features of next generation firewalls can reduce network complexity, but you’ll need to avoid hampering performance with unneeded features. Knowing which functions help and hinder in your overall security architecture can make a big difference to your end user application performance.
Having real time visibility of security controls
A key aspect of network security is insight: having the proper visibility into your network, and being able to prove your security or compliance status at any given time. Proving where things stand is the essence of compliance and general information risk management. If you can’t prove where things stand at any given point in time, then what good are your firewall controls?