- Products & services
- Cloud contact centres
- Contact recording and analytics
- Inbound services
- Onsite contact centres
- Self-service and queue-management platforms
- Application performance management
- Internet services
- IP address management
- Virtual Private Network Services
- CRM professional services
- IT professional services
- Mobility professional services
- Networks professional services
- Security professional services
Get expert analysis of the issues facing your network and a tailored approach to keeping it safe
Help my organisation grow with a network at the heart of my operations
Get mobility solutions designed to help your organisation operate efficiently and competitively in a changing world.
Give me the tools to manage my customer relationships cost-effectively and keep my customers happy
Helping connect your business and technology through communications-centric professional services.
Optimise the organisational efficiency of your supply chain with greater visibility of your goods and assets
Get expert advice to help your organisation become more sustainable
Get tailored IT solutions to give your organisation the flexibility to stay competitive
Unified communication and collaboration (UCC) solutions to transform the way you work with colleagues, suppliers and customers around the world
- Why BT
Our company overview: how we're bringing it all together around the world
We believe in the power of communication to make a better world
We are proud that our work is recognised time and again by customers, analysts and professional organisations
Who we’ve helped, and how. Learn how organisations just like yours get better when they work with us.
Join us to explore fresh ideas
Visit one of our Showcases and see how we are bringing the Art of Connecting to life with interactive technology demonstrations.
From press releases to local news
Great thinking from across the company
- Let's Talk
- My Account
Products & services
Diamond IP – DHCP
Automate IP address assignment and DHCP
Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) automates IP address assignment. So when you connect to the Internet from your office, home or a coffee shop, your device’s IP address is typically assigned using DHCP without any manual intervention. However, DHCP can be difficult and time consuming to manage. The experience we’ve built up in providing effective DHCP solutions can help you:
- Manage your DHCP centrally: We can help you model and manage your IP address space across multiple DHCP servers with our Internet Protocol Address Management (IPAM) products. You can centrally model and plan your subnet allocations, and define IP address pools that, in turn, can be deployed to distributed DHCP servers.
- Deploy high availability DHCP services: Organisations typically deploy two DHCP servers, one closest to their end users to provide high performance, and one in another site to provide failover. We can help you manage your distributed DHCP environment with our IPControl solutions.
- Monitor your IP address capacity: Our IPAM solutions collect DHCP pool information from DHCP servers to help you monitor pool capacity and alert you if a defined threshold is tripped. You can alert either on the dynamic pool portion of your address space or your overall address space holistically.
- Easily configure VoIP and other devices: You can define matching parameters within DHCP packets to identify clients of a given class, such as a VoIP phone with our client class feature. The DHCP server can then supply appropriate parameters to properly initialize the device for operation on your network.
IPControl lets us centralise planning, make accurate predictions about IP requirements and assign blocks of IP addresses to local administrators for them to manage. It’s a great solution for our network.”
- Alvin Ekes, Cytec Senior Network Engineer
Diverse platforms with flexible solutions pricing
Your can manage your DHCP in the way that suits you best. Our BT Diamond IP solutions are available as software installable on your hardware, as purpose-built pre-installed Sapphire hardware or virtual appliances, or as managed services. In fact, you can even manage currently deployed Internet Systems Consortium (ISC) DHCP servers or Microsoft DHCP servers to homogenize IP and DHCP management without significant investment.
With this diverse set of platforms and the option to mix-and-match, we offer the most flexible solutions for managing your DHCP environment. Contact your BT account manager to review your options and to get a quote.
Manage or upgrade, the choice is yours
If you want to retain your current investment in stock ISC or Microsoft DHCP infrastructure, while giving you centralised control our solutions can help you. You can upgrade to our simple, secure Sapphire appliances if required at your own pace. You can configure and manage DHCP information on distributed appliances, but also monitor the state of deployed appliances, reconfigure remotely, and upgrade appliances from the centralized management console, all with our Sapphire DHCP appliances.
Our managed IPAM and DHCP services also leverage Sapphire DHCP deployments if you decide to have us monitor, upgrade and proactively administer your DHCP services. We offer maximum flexibility in helping you more effectively manage your IP and DHCP environment.
Manage DHCP and IPAM together
Our DHCP management solutions enable you manage DHCP pools alongside your IPv4 and IPv6 address plan. This helps you to manage all address assignment policies locally, for static and dynamic devices. We offer you the maximum flexibility from our diverse feature set:
- Manage DHCP pools, options, policies: Our DHCP management solutions can help you gain control of major aspects of DHCP configurations, including pools, “reserved” addresses, server parameters, options, assignment policies, and client classes using our intuitive graphical user interface – no more need for text file editors.
- Multi-vendor DHCP support: You can use IPControl software and appliances to manage DHCP configurations for not only Sapphire appliances but also for stock Microsoft and ISC DHCP servers.
- Manage DHCP redundancy: If your DHCP server is down, your end users will be unable to get an IP address and they will call the help desk. Our solutions allow you to deploy DHCP redundancy using either the DHCP failover protocol, supported by ISC and Sapphire DHCP, or by deploying split scopes, or non-overlapping addresses from a common pool across two servers for all DHCP products.
- Streamline security with appliances: Our Sapphire DHCP appliances offer additional security through a proprietary non-commercial Linux operation system. With our Sapphire appliances you can have the convenience of purchasing DHCP hardware with software already pre-installed. Plus unlike competitive DHCP appliance offerings, we won’t make you repurchase appliances every three years.
In select regions
We have deployments across the globe but please contact your BT account manager for more information and for product and services deployment and support options.
Support and Managed DHCP Services
We publish BT Diamond IP SLAs for product support for our DHCP software and appliance products. Appliance support includes next business day shipping for failed units. And we do not force you to upgrade your appliances every three years unlike other appliance vendors.
Our managed services additionally offer a set of SLAs for Sapphire DHCP appliance status or outage detection and resolution as well as for DHCP moves, adds, and changes. Please contact your BT account manager for more details.