Please get in touch with your account manager if there’s anything we can do to help.
The beginning of a new way of working
Working from home has now taken on a new dimension. Businesses have achieved the impossible and quickly scaled-up remote working.
Technology has made a crucial difference.
Our customers are asking us "How do I…..
- realise costs savings from the remote working solutions I adopted to keep operational?
- reduce my long-term network costs while meeting bandwidth demands?
- migrate to an SD-WAN solution but minimise the impact of changing?
- deliver a better experience on my business-critical cloud-based apps?
- improve the adoption levels of our collaboration tools?
- use omnichannel bots to handle unpredictable peaks in demand?
- better manage my home-working agents?
- accelerate my AI adoption to equip agents with real-time access to critical knowledge?
- identify which of my employee groups represent the most security risk?
- prioritise my biggest risks and compliance gaps?
- keep my business operational with people working remotely?
How we’re supporting our customers
When the Coronavirus pandemic struck, we were on hand to help our customers react quickly, efficiently and effectively with the initial demand to help maintain operations and enable their employees to work from home.
Now, as the initial impact has been dealt with, our customers need us to help them reflect on the changes they've made, review how sustainable and secure they are, and reassess how to plan ahead.
We can help organisations optimise the changes they made urgently for the medium-term. That means optimising the experience, security, costs and productivity.
Some examples of how we’ve helped customers
Banking and financial services
- A financial services company – needed support with their business continuity management and planning to transition office-based workers, branch staff and contact centre agents to remote working. We reviewed current delivery programs and prioritised the provision of services such as new 10G internet, laptops and mobile devices for contact centre users, switching / routing / security equipment for contingency, and additional contact centre licences.
- A central bank – has never offered homeworking. Within three days, we increased their network bandwidth and enabled 3,500 of their employees to work from home. We also rapidly resolved a DDoS problem caused by an extra 2,500 devices connecting to the VPN.
- An Asian life insurance company – needed to rapidly increase its remote access capability to 22,000 employees. We helped by increasing the infrastructure and network capacity to support this – doubling capacity in the space of a week. We also accelerated implementation of a video conferencing solution to enable collaboration with employees still working in offices.
- A global life assurance provider – we helped them by quickly delivering increased bandwidth to support working from home. We also completed an urgent call recording upgrade to ensure regulatory compliance when users worked from home. This was done over a weekend when it normally takes over two weeks.
Resources, manufacturing and logistics
- A sustainable building materials and construction solutions company – needed to implement remote working as part of their contingency plan. We responded by quickly extending VPN access, increasing bandwidth at their central hub, and enabling their front office agents to take orders from home with full cloud contact centre functionality.
- An international airline carrier – was experiencing a sharp increase in calls to their internal absence team. We quickly provided a telephone number, lines and a queuing system to enable UK-based teams to report an absence and get advice on Coronavirus.
Technology, life sciences and business services
- A multinational technology conglomerate – critically needed to increase internet bandwidth due to a sudden rise in the use of VoIP and Video. In 60 hours we were able to increase capacity to 60Gbps, which was 50% more than they needed.
- A leading UK-based telecoms provider – needed to help their end customers manage increased call volumes on their bridges. One customer was experiencing triple their usual volumes and needed to host a weekly call for 600 participants in APAC which their APAC bridges couldn’t support. Within 24 hours, we were able to redirect the call using the UK bridges which were quiet at that time. For another of their customers, we doubled the capacity on their bridges in 48 hours and made a special exemption for one power user hosting financial market calls for 300 employees every morning to increase capacity from 45 to 300 users per call.
- Two subsidiaries of a global provider of rail solutions - needed to quickly upgrade internet bandwidth. For one subsidiary, we increased bandwidth from 100 to 200Mbps within 2 days and it has now been upgraded to 400Mbps. For another subsidiary, we also increased bandwidth from 100 to 200Mbps within 10 days and without new hardware or physical access to their premises, were able to upgrade the backup circuit and balanced the traffic with the master.
- A multinational professional services company – needed to make complex changes in their network space. We provided seamless VPN access for more than 21,000 users and disconnected their data centre from our network.
Our 3-step approach to helping your organisation
- you have the connectivity and infrastructure to support an increase in home working and you evolve your network for the new normal
- you have the processes and technology in place to protect your remote users and data and then begin to understand your new security posture
- you have the collaboration tools you need to quickly upscale remote working and then start to reassess your future workplace strategy to balance tool choice with user experience and value.