The sustainability opportunity of BT and Equinix’s colocation services
Our jointly developed solutions for colocation and interconnection services can accelerate sustainability efforts by lowering energy usage and greening our customers’ supply chain by decreasing their Scope 3 emissions.
BT provide 100% renewable electricity through their networks and Equinix 100% renewable energy for workloads and applications hosted in their datacentres. Apart from Australia, all Equinix data centres that BT uses are covered with 100% renewable energy.
BT has pledged to be a net-zero emissions business by 2030. We’ve committed to helping our customers save 60mtCO2e and become a circular business by 2030. We’re one of the first companies to adopt science-based targets and use 100% renewable electricity worldwide. We're delighted Equinix, with whom we deliver cloud solutions to multinational customers, has announced ambitious targets too. Working together, we will achieve more.”
Together, we’re committed to helping our customers reduce their carbon footprint. We can do this through:
- Operational efficiency and driving site-level PUE improvements
- Efficient design standards and building certification goals
- A circular strategy for heat recovery and district heating
- Water efficiency: Through sustainable water management programmes
- Innovation in sustainability: liquid cooling, fuel cell trials, intelligent power management and onsite prime power generation
- An ability to procure energy in different countries
- Strong credentials and experience
- Ability to scale easily with you (power density)
Combining BT’s global network already powered by 100% renewable electricity, with Equinix’s sustainable data centre colocation and interconnection services in a hybrid cloud environment enables innovative operations with access to renewable energy and energy efficiency at scale to reduce GHG emissions.”