For global businesses, the rapid growth in volume of data and number of connected devices means enhanced connectivity is redefining what’s possible. Private networks enable every device, sensor, machine and system to connect and share more data across a dedicated, ultra-reliable, ultra-low latency ecosystem. Imagine having your own private motorway – but instead a dedicated data highway free of other traffic, exclusive to you. You can control the capacity, speed and flow of data along the highway, in a way that suits your business needs. This is a private network.
The advent of 5G for private networks brings an era of new, connected industry experiences – devices and sensors sharing greater amounts of information seamlessly with each other and industrial machinery being controlled remotely.
Organisations driving towards ‘digital industry’ want a future full of technologies like augmented and virtual reality, machine learning and artificial intelligence, robotics and automation, and the internet of things (IoT).
A 5G private network is the essential foundation and enabler for all these innovations. A successful deployment means connecting that solution ecosystem into the broader business, reaching across your IT and OT environments, your edge computing, cloud, compute capability and security defences.
With BT, a 5G private network is a core component of a cohesive digital industries solution. With a 5G private network you get:
- a totally ‘private’ network that’s managed alongside your wider connectivity estate
- a dedicated 5G core using private 5G spectrum
- an ultra-reliable, ultra-low latency network to use as you see fit
- our 5G expertise to ensure the deployment meets your requirements
- seamless integration with your wider business infrastructure
- dedicated 5G hardware and infrastructure through our core 5G partners
- service and security wrap.
Related contentFind out more about 5G Private Networks with related insight and services from BT.
5G Use Cases in Manufacturing
Discover more about the impact of 5G on the manufacturing industry and how it can help transform and enhance existing Industry 4.0 deployments.
5G's role in mission-critical systems
5G’s reliability and consistency make it the ideal technology to ensure mission-critical systems can run smoothly and consistently.
How 5G’s set to revolutionise the digital world
The future of the digital world is 5G. So how will this technology shape the applications and services of tomorrow?
Forging ahead with 5G: what to expect
5G is springing into life up and down all over the world, making the leap from concept to fully operational use cases. So, how close are we to achieving the vision of a 5G-enabled world?
With BT, a 5G private network is a core component of a cohesive digital industries solution. With more automation, sensors and connected devices in digital industry, 5G private networks will enable businesses to capture and analyse massive amounts of data from multiple disparate sources, to transform operational efficiency, thus improving financial return and business sustainability.
Private 5G benefits in manufacturing:
- Private 5G offers reliable, resilient wireless connectivity to support Industry 4.0.
- Eliminating wired connectivity brings the potential to connect just about anything to optimise mission-critical processes that require secure, reliable coverage and control.
- A 5G private network delivers perfect predictability, meaning unplanned downtime, lag and production outages, and supply chain disruption can be a thing of the past.
Private 5G benefits in logistics and transportation:
- 5G private networks are accelerating the automation of supply chain processes for optimised decision-making, risk mitigation and operational efficiency.
- Enabling better asset, device and workforce management across the supply chain network - providing visibility and real-time inventory management to improve performance.
- 5G private networks are enabling enhanced security and assurance, as private 5G is an enabler for enhanced management of logistics hubs to improve worker safety.
Private 5G benefits in health and life sciences:
- Reduced downtime, more automation, perfect predictability and better data analytics will improve operational efficiency and performance in the healthcare production space.
- By collecting and analysing vaster amounts of patient data from IoT devices across imaging and monitoring environments, and with real time analysis and enhanced application management, private 5G will enable better monitoring, diagnostics and patient experiences.
- Through the use of AR and VR, private 5G is accelerating research and development, improving drug production and advancing training experiences.
5G Private Network architecture
Why choose BT for 5G Private Networks?
An innovation and partner ecosystem is at the heart of our 5G strategy
At the heart of our 5G private networks strategy is a broad ecosystem of partnerships that foster innovation and enable us to develop our extensive portfolio, across networking, cloud, compute and security.
5G isn't just about better speed and mobile coverage. It completely changes how we think about enterprise data networks, cloud, collaboration, edge and security solutions. Working with BT means you have a partner with the end-to-end capabilities, to bring together the right 5G private network solution cohesively, based on business needs, not just technology type.
Co-creating with our customers
As a leader in the 5G space, we’ve developed the innovative solutions and partner ecosystem that’s essential in making 5G private networks an effective investment, whilst co-creating with our customers to ensure the deployment is the right fit, end-to-end.