Cloud Connect Edge NFV lets you deploy new network services quicker and easier to become a more agile business.
Global businesses today need intuitive networks that deliver the scale, intelligence, and security necessary to power the world’s most dynamic business applications. We’re at the forefront of this development and have the expertise, service, security, and experience to ensure a successful solution.
Cloud Connect Edge network functions virtualisation combines the strengths of Cisco’s ENCS platform with our global service management, design capability, security solutions, and support. We’ve created an infrastructure that lets you deploy industry standard virtual network functions or bring your own, giving you the ultimate flexibility to create your own solution.
Transformation from a hardware-based branch network to a virtual branch network is not only a question of technology, but also one of network evolution and transformation. As a leading network service provider, we have decades of experience in managing transformation at a local and global level.
How does Cloud Connect Edge work?
An open, global platform, built and delivered by experts
Cloud Connect Edge lets you virtualise your own functions and add to leading solutions like Checkpoint, Infovista, and Riverbed. These are deployed on your edge device and you can choose from a range of Cisco ENCS for your different site types.
The delivery of virtual network functions offers a hugely exciting opportunity to add new levels of flexibility and agility into your Dynamic Network Service. Cloud Connect Edge offers a range of industry standard virtual network functions - and we don’t just offer the VNF. We offer the virtualised version of the managed solution. That means that you get 24 / 7 support, consultancy, and the benefit of our years of deployment experience.
We have the global capability you need to deploy and support your solution, and the experts in our Centre of Excellence are on hand to step in when needed. Combined with our wider network portfolio, we have everything you need for a complete solution - from the core network to a managed security wrap.
We’re committed to delivering the best hybrid cloud solutions on the market. Private Cloud features include:
- Connect Edge – a new virtualised customer premises equipment (vCPE) service based on Cisco’s Enterprise Network Compute System (ENCS)
- 'Bring your own' VNF – you can use your own virtual network functions to create a truly unique solution that works for you
- leading solutions – you’ll access an ecosystem of accredited partners such as Cisco, Infovista, Riverbed, Checkpoint, and Fortinet
- Centre of Excellence (CoE) support - experts in our CoE are on-hand to step in when you need.
Related contentFind out more about hybrid cloud solutions with related insight and services from BT.
What benefits will NFVs bring to your business?
- More agility - with simplified global deployment and instant delivery
- Imoroved control - move quickly and make updates easily with global visibility and central deployment and management
- Lower capital and licence costs - avoid the time and cost of buying, shipping, deploying and maintaining hardware
- Future-proofing - take advantage of the cloud to stay up-to-date always. Use our dedicated virtual lab - test deployment options, assess operational and technical impact, identify risks and build your business case
- Lower carbon / energy - the move from multiple appliances at a branch to a single device running multiple software versions can deliver both increased carbon savings and lower energy costs. Replacing three physical devices at a site can reduce energy costs by around 27%.
Why choose NFV solutions with BT?
It’s not just the service that makes the difference, but who you choose it with. Why choose NFV solutions from BT?
- We offer the right choice of partner – we provide a simple evolution path with a partner that offers a long-term market presence, support model and logistics
- We give you a choice of virtualised network services - we offer the perfect mix of virtualised solutions, industry leading services and the functions which are key to your business
- We can integrate your digital solution - we have the expertise and experience to create and deliver a successful solution that will integrate with your underlay network and meet your business needs.