Discover simple and cost-effective unified communications with SIP trunking from BT.
What is Global SIP?
Getting every last drop of value out of the communications infrastructure you’ve invested in is key to surviving in a global marketplace. But to really compete and succeed you need more – services that can flex with your business, expand or shrink in line with demand, and that give you complete control of your communications.
Global Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) enables you to accelerate their transformation to digital voice and collaboration solutions, by consolidating their infrastructure and using their data network to make voice calls.
It is an IP alternative to traditional voice infrastructure like PSTN/ISDN and is delivered over an access solution like IP Connect or the internet. This ensures better global communication with your suppliers, customers and employees.
Global SIP makes it simpler to manage your voice estate and more cost-effective for your business. Moreover, it gives you more control over your services and provides a more reliable and high-quality voice service than some traditional services.
The rise of collaboration tools is driving significant uptake of digital voice solutions, and Global SIP provides the right calling, numbering and compliance features for these collaboration tools (features which aren’t a prerequisite of the collaboration tools alone).
Where we provide Global SIP
Global SIP Outbound is available in 73 countries.
For a full country list and regulatory information for Global SIP Outbound, speak to one of our specialists.
Global SIP Full PSTN replacement is available in 25 countries
Global SIP features:
- builds on the core functionality of traditional voice services, and provides a full PSTN / ISDN service – but on voice-over-IP (VoIP) technology
- supports incoming PSTN traffic and outgoing local, regional and national PSTN traffic
- supports calls to emergency services and most call types to local (national calls within country) services including premium rate, shared cost numbers and directory services (listing and calling)
- number porting (carry existing phone numbers across)
- technology agnostic Virtual Private Network (VPN)
- fully compliant with in-country regulation, supporting SIP signalling and multiple codecs
- centralised PSTN access (no need for traditional voice circuits at every site)
- Direct Dial In (DDI) reservation and allocation.
Global Voice self-serve portal
Our cloud-based self-service portal providing 24/7 access for customers to order, provision, and manage their Global SIP service, all in one place. Customers can simply and quickly make amendments to their services, add in new sites, port in or ask for new telephone numbers. This portal is a no charge service and is extremely easy to use. Changes happen in real time, giving full control at any point in time.
The three main benefits of the self-serve portal are:
- Speed to order – ordering of new sites is now 50% faster.
- Real time inventory – view site and SIP trunk details e.g. capacity, call distribution and priority of trunks and look up the numbers hosted for full or outbound SIP trunking.
- Simple user experience – reporting gives access to live MI statistics on call activity, helping measure and improve performances.
Global SIP benefits
- Accelerate your digital workplace strategy - our SIP services support the transition to digital voice and collaboration solutions, meaning you can accelerate your digital workplace strategy by simplifying and consolidating your voice and data infrastructure.
- Increase efficiency, flexibility and resiliency – by simplifying and consolidating your voice and data infrastructure, you’ll be able to drive efficiency savings and enhance business agility with constantly fluctuating demands of the global business market.
- Reduce communication costs - save 30% by combining voice and data networks and removing legacy PSTN interfaces. Calls between your sites, even in different countries, are free.
- Improve end-to-end visibility and take control - order, provision, and manage your trunking through a 24/7 self-service portal. Order new sites 50% faster with six simple steps. We’ve centralised dialling plans with local numbers for all locations, and management of all local services from a single site.
- Globally consistent service wrap - a single point of contact and contract and billing to reduce your administration costs.
- Performance reporting - measure, control and optimise your service with enhance network and voice-over-IP (VoIP) reporting.
Why choose BT for Global SIP?
With various SIP solutions in the market it’s important to call out how our SIP service is differentiated.
- Global coverage – we’re continuously expanding our global coverage for SIP services. We now offer full PSTN replacement in 25 countries, with an additional 9 countries to be launched by 2024.
- Quality and reliability of the SIP service: we fully own the SIP fabric across our SIP network, therefore a superior, carrier-grade quality can be provided to support business-critical communications for some of the most demanding customer operations across the globe.
Critical to this quality differentiator is:
- excellent resiliency of all components and paths, with strong technology, supplier and vendor choice
- monitoring and alarming tools means we can identify and resolve incidents quickly
- SIP with us means that you avoid supplier or partner staging (i.e. resale)
- end-to-end visibility across the fabric offers enhanced protection from fraudulent activity.
- Expertise and experience - technology is our powerhouse – with our expert technologists, we’re in a unique position. We continue to focus on developing our capabilities which give customers seamless connectivity. Our skilled people are leading this technological revolution, not only for our customers but for the industry across the globe. We have developed and deployed advanced global telephony solutions for over 350 customers, hosting more than 4 million voice line numbers on behalf of our customers, routing more than 320 million minutes per month across our Global SIP platform.
- Simpler commercials - by bringing together our technical and commercial expertise, and our insight and passion for customer experience, we stand out from the competition. We provide flexible pricing structures enabling a trouble free migration to SIP trunking and cheaper outbound calls to realise significant cost savings.