What is network segmentation?
Stop lateral movement in its tracks.
Modern compute estates are increasingly complex, spanning one or multiple data centres and public clouds from hosted environments to partner networks. This means you’re having to defend a broader attack surface with ample opportunity for breaches, making prevention extremely difficult - if not impossible.
Network segmentation, or micro-segmentation solutions, enable you to quickly and easily segregate your network at a granular workload level. This is at the heart of Zero Trust security and protects your organisation by restricting the lateral movement of an attacker.
Managed network segmentation solutions from BT can help you:
- gain real-time visibility – monitor application behaviour and connections to understand what is talking to what and to identify risks
- improve breach containment – prevent lateral movement and reduce cyberattack blast radius
- secure critical assets and applications – and ensure they keep working by testing policies before enforcement.
Managed Micro-Segmentation Security
What is Managed Micro-Segmentation Security?
Managed Micro-Segmentation Security from BT is based on Illumio technology and allows you to outsource your network segmentation management to us, meaning you can be confident your micro-segmentation policies are set up and working correctly.
- rapid setup –micro-segmentation can be deployed very quickly on your network using our pre-configured setup scripts
- proactive monitoring – our security operations centre experts will monitor your set-up to make sure things are communicating as expected and help you put in place new policies if you need them
- detailed reporting – you’ll get reports showing blocked traffic so you can be confident that legitimate traffic isn’t being inhibited.
It’s not just the solution that makes the difference, but who you choose to partner with. Why choose us for network segmentation solutions?
- We’re a trusted global partner – we have 3,000 security experts and 16 security operations centres across the world.
- We’re experienced – we’re the first security provider to offer a fully managed Illumio service, hosted in our own secure data centres on BT Compute.
- We’re accredited – we’ve invested significantly in expertise and accreditation to offer world-class design and deployment know-how as well as ongoing service management.
Further insightsWant to know more about the benefits that our network segmentation solutions can bring to your business? Read expert analysis and opinions curated by us today.
How to reduce your attack surface with network segmentation
It’s time to say goodbye to flat networks if you want to stop hackers in their tracks. Here are three steps to restrict attacker lateral movement.
Adopting a zero-trust approach reduces risk and lets your enterprise thrive
How a zero-trust approach is the best form of defence in a multi-attack vector environment.
How to plug the gaps in traditional network detection response
Understanding the gaps in traditional network detection and response, that skilled hackers use to their advantage, is key to robust cybersecurity posture.