Explore a cloud-delivered service that implements app-defined, autonomous SD-WAN to help you secure and connect your branch offices, data centres and large sites.
What is Prisma SD-WAN?
Prisma SD-WAN is a next-generation SD-WAN solution that enables the cloud-delivered branch. As you adopt the cloud for scalability and collaboration, our Prisma SD-WAN solution can help you to reduce your enterprise WAN costs.
The inevitable move to the cloud has driven fundamental changes in the way networks and applications are designed and operated. Never before has the interdependence of IT (applications) and network been so high, forcing organisations to re-assess their business processes and supply chains.
Prisma SD-WAN provides a secure, flexible, agile, and reliable network offering differentiated link performance, seamless connectivity for cloud applications and near real-time visibility of your network and application performance. This can be combined with security from Palo Alto Networks, or another vendor, to deliver a one-stop, fully integrated SD-WAN – Secure Access Service Edge (SASE) solution.
How does Prisma SD-WAN work?
Prisma SD-WAN is a fully cloud-native, secure and resilient platform. Edge devices are deployed at your sites which could be a branch or data centre. Once deployed, Prisma SD-WAN automatically creates an intelligent end-to-end secure network fabric overlayed on the access points. The network fabric is fully secured using end-to-end encryption.
Prisma SD-WAN provides seamless connectivity to major cloud providers such as AWS, Azure, Zscaler, Prisma Access etc. Dynamic routing ensures your applications take the best WAN path available based on a real-time analysis of application and WAN link performance metrics. Quality of Service allows you to further improve the user-experience of your critical applications.
Real-time reporting gives you an instant and historical view of your network and application performance allowing you to use this data to make informed decisions.
When combined with Managed Cloud Security - Prisma Access, you benefit from a SASE platform that protects your end users, network and sites against emerging security threats, delivering a secure cloud application experience no matter where your users or applications reside.
Features of Prisma SD-WAN
We’re committed to delivering the best SD-WAN solutions on the market. Prisma SD-WAN features include:
- A fully-managed solution – we’ll take care of everything from set-up to maintenance, leaving you free to focus on business-critical tasks.
- Access optimisation – active load sharing of access allows you to load share and optimise your costs.
- Dynamic Path selection – Edge devices automatically select the best WAN path for your application based on the defined application policy.
- Fail to Wire - ensures uninterrupted flow of data even when the physical device is down (for resilient deployments only).
- Network Services Insertion - for performance sensitive traffic, steer internet traffic locally to cloud security services directly from the SD-WAN Edge to enable a fast and secure user experience.
- Reporting – ready access to network and application performance insights to help make informed decisions.
Related contentFind out more with related insight and services from BT.
Why SD-WAN is crucial to realising the benefits of cloud
- 15 Dec 2020
- 15:00 - 15:30 GMT
7 steps to SD-WAN success2020 has pushed the need for agile cloud-ready WAN to the top of the wish list.
Benefits of Prisma SD-WAN
- Agility – connecting to the cloud or creating a WAN, Prisma SD-WAN can be deployed quickly to give you the agility your business needs.
- Security – coming from a market leader in security, you can be sure security is taken seriously. Secure encrypted tunnels ensure your data and network is secure at all times. Combine this with Managed Cloud Security - Prisma Access to add additional security services.
- Improved end-user experience – dynamic path selection ensures your applications always go over the most optimal path improving end user experience.
- Lower costs – access agnostic combined with the ability to use all uplinks at the same time gives your plenty of scope and choices to optimise your access costs, all while not compromising the reliability.
- Continuous improvement – application and network performance data provides you with vital information to adapt your network to ensure it is aligned with your business objectives.
Why choose our Prisma SD-WAN service?
It’s not just the service that makes the difference, but who you choose it with. Why choose Prisma SD-WAN from BT and Palo Alto Networks?
- Global reach and scale - We serve customers in over 180 countries, satisfying data and application requirements from a performance, security and regulatory perspective around the world.
- Leading technology and trusted partnerships - We provide access to the best technology and operational capabilities from global technology leaders.
- World-class security - Our security operations centres around the world give visibility of global threats which are handled by over 3,000 dedicated security experts.
- Single source solutions and unmatched support - Simplify your operations with a single service experience, single invoice and single provider helping drive operational efficiencies.