Contact centres are still one of the most important customer engagement channels for many businesses. However, they’re also one of the most difficult to protect with traditional fraud detection and prevention techniques. And we know that every disruption costs your organisation money, and every fraud damages your reputation.
Smartnumbers Protect is a caller authentication and fraud detection solution that prevents fraud in your contact centre. It identifies suspicious calls while still in the network and authenticates legitimate customers before they even reach an agent.
Smartnumbers Protect helps you provide a seamless and efficient customer experience and detect fraudulent calls at the source. Covering both prevention and optimised authentication. It’s also cloud-based, which simplifies call recording and enables you to scale your strategy.
How does Smartnumbers Protect work?
Smartnumbers Protect works by validating the authenticity of the call before reaching the contact centre. It uses:
- Number and device validation - validating the authenticity of the caller’s phone number.
- Behavioural analysis - verifying legitimate callers by comparing their behaviour against known trusted callers.
- Layered authentication - integrating with existing authentication tools, such as voice biometrics to introduce multi-factor authentication (MFA).
Smartnumbers Protect does all of this automatically and passively - meaning it covers 100% of calls, and customers do not need to opt-in or remember any new information.
You’ll also become part of the Smartnumbers fraud consortium, where known fraudsters are reported and added to a block list that all Smartnumbers customers have access to.
- Prevent IVR reconnaissance - prevent fraudsters gathering and validating information by identifying and redirecting suspicious calls before they reach the IVR.
- Prevent catch and release - flag fraudsters attempting to authorise their own blocked transactions.
- Detect cross channel attacks - feed telephony insights into fraud detection platforms to detect cross channel attacks.
- Spoof detection - detect when a caller has spoofed or anonymised their number using call signalling data analysis.
- priced per call with predictable costs
- globally available service hosted in data centres in UK, US and Singapore
- highly scalable, fully managed 24/7 x 365 service
- geographically redundant service with 99.9% availability SLA.
Related contentFind out more about Smartnumbers Protect with related insight and services from BT.
Helping a leading UK retail bank improve customer experience and fight fraud with Smartnumbers
Fighting fraud with our channel partnersWith cyberattacks and fraud on the rise, customers are looking to telecoms resellers and system integrators to support with fraud prevention and authentication.
4 routes to securing your contact centre now agents are working from homeOrganisations need to review and improve their contact centre security to adapt to a more permanent homeworking environment, or risk security breaches.
The benefits your business can get from Smartnumbers Protect with BT:
- reduce the risk of losses and end-customers becoming victims
- deflect fraudulent calls so agents can focus on genuine customers
- give customers an improved user experience with faster call handling
- prevent repeat attacks for all Smartnumbers users by adding known fraudsters to a deny list
- reduce stress for agents, as they’re no longer the single line of defence.
Why choose Smartnumbers Protect with BT?
It’s not just the service that makes the difference, but who you choose it with. Why choose Smartnumbers Protect with BT?
- We see the full picture - our position as a global telecommunications provider we see an added layer of privileged caller data to help assign a more accurate risk score, giving customers the full picture.
- Experts in security and regulation - we’re experts in GDPR and other regulations across the world, giving you peace of mind that you’re up to date and covered by certified security standards across the globe.
- Consistent global experience - in the last 10 years we’ve delivered a consistent global user experience to over 4,000 contact centres. We work with customers in over 180 countries around the world.
- Integration – Smartnumbers Protect can be fully integrated with other solutions in our portfolio together with our existing global voice network to bring extra security and even faster call authentication to customers.
- Industry-leading security services and voice reliability - our global voice and data services have a proven track record and IDC recognise us as a ‘Leader’ for delivering outstanding Managed Security Services.