What is a web application firewall (WAF)?
An integrated web application security solution
The evolution of the modern business environment has led to changes in the delivery of business-related processes and customer-facing services. Most companies have adopted the digital, application-based environment and traditional perimeters of both network and application security are no longer viable. The constant reliance on web apps only highlights their vulnerabilities, with the increasing reliance on web apps only leaves them more exposed to threats, especially since web application attacks have increased by up to 300% since last year, resulting in a flood of data breaches.
New security approaches are needed to help organisations protect their data and remediate against web-based threats and vulnerabilities.
Our web application firewall (WAF) solutions address these vulnerabilities by enabling control over how traffic reaches your applications and preventing application-layer attacks and subsequent data breaches. WAF can help you:
- run web applications securely without fear of attack
- put data protection at the core of your security strategy
- rationalise threat landscapes to protect web servers, data transfers and the confidentiality of customers
- ensure regulatory compliance.
 PivotPoint Security, 2021
What is Managed WAF?
Our web application security solution that protects against the top 10 security risks, DoS and zero-day attacks. It uses AI-based, dual-layer machine learning engines, enabling you to deploy and access internal and external web applications without overburdening security teams. Our multi-layer protection includes:
- business application protection - protects both internal and externally facing web applications
- bot threat mitigation – blocks malicious bots without blocking users or interfering with legitimate bot activity
- machine learning - detects unknown, zero-day attacks
- DoS Protection - protects networks against flood attacks
- Man in the Browser (MitB) - protects sensitive user data.
It’s not just the solution that makes the difference, but who you choose to partner with. Why choose us for WAF solutions?
- We’re truly global – we have 3,000 security experts and 16 security operations centres across the world.
- We’re experienced – our experts perform the centralised monitoring and management of your service around the world, around the clock, 365 days a year.
- We’re accredited – we’ve invested significantly in expertise, accreditation, and training to future-proof your investment and maximise your protection.
Further insightsWant to know more about the benefits that web application firewall (WAF) can bring to your business? Read expert analysis and opinions curated by us today.
Why a Web Application Firewall (WAF) is a critical defence layer against web-based attacks
WAFs are key to protecting web application availability and to boosting security visibility.
How to overcome the final barriers to multi-cloud success
Optimum results depend on an agile methodology to guide application reforming, cloud environment preparation and automating application requests.
Managing multi-cloud security risk
Our experts look at how to protect your cloud operations, pitfalls to avoid and next-step recommendations for wherever you are on your cloud journey.