Views from the analysts
IDC MarketScape: Global Managed Security Services 2017 Vendor Assessment
BT has been named a “Leader” in the IDC MarketScape report: Global Managed Security Services 2017 Vendor Assessement
In this published report, BT moves from Major Player into the Leaders Category.
The report notes that BT’s differentiation comes through its ability to be a one-stop shop for its customers thanks to its capacity to seamlessly integrate a broad security portfolio of managed services with a customer's BT-provided WAN, LAN and compute solutions.
The report also highlights the fact that “an extensive network gives BT the insight into attacks so that BT can watch, learn, predict, and respond to the latest threats.”
Source - IDC MarketScape: Worldwide Managed Security Services 2017 Vendor Assessment, Doc #US41320917, August 2017
Specifically, the IDC MarketScape report identifies BT’s strengths such as:
- “Focus on big data analytics, threat intelligence and complementary services.”
- “BT has made strides in addressing enterprise challenges of migrating to the cloud and as a result provides enterprises guidance to migrate to the cloud securely using BT's cloud partnerships and other vendor technologies.”
- “BT combines its own innovation with partner technology that may include market leaders or innovating technology from emerging start-ups.”
- “BT makes a practice of developing flexible pricing and payment options and for methods of acquiring and retaining talent. BT uses a variety of tools to identify talent and invests time and resources in developing cybersecurity talent — an example is the BT Security Academy.”
The report also highlights the fact that “BT's investments are focused on assisting customers in their digital journeys as they operate in new environments created by cloud, virtualized services, and IoT. BT offers advanced services that help customers transition with confidence and exploit these new technologies.”
We are delighted to be recognised as a global leader for managed security services globally in the IDC MarketScape. This validates our continued investments in security capabilities and in enhancements of our global capabilities. We are fully dedicated to offer scalability, flexibility and performance within a secure environment to our customers as they embark on their digital transformation journeys.”
- Mark Hughes, CEO of BT Security
About IDC MarketScape
IDC MarketScape vendor analysis model is designed to provide an overview of the competitive fitness of ICT suppliers in a given market. The research methodology utilizes a rigorous scoring methodology based on both qualitative and quantitative criteria that results in a single graphical illustration of each vendor’s position within a given market. The Capabilities score measures vendor product, go-to-market and business execution in the shortterm. The Strategy score measures alignment of vendor strategies with customer requirements in a 3-5-year timeframe. Vendor market share is represented by the size of the circles. Vendor year-over-year growth rate relative to the given market is indicated by a plus, neutral or minus next to the vendor name.