The value we deliver
We’re a leading global business communications provider. With more than 17,000 people worldwide, we supply ICT services to 5,500 multinational companies across 180 countries worldwide.
We combine our global strengths in networking, cloud-based unified collaboration, hybrid cloud services and security with our deep expertise and global delivery model to be a trusted partner for our customers. We provide them with the services they need to enable the digital transformation of their businesses.
We are supporting our customers in three core areas:
- Digital customer: driving deeper and richer interactions with their end customers. Enabled by BT Contact global cloud-based contact solutions, that are integrated across multiple touchpoints for a consistent end-customer experience.
- Digital business: increasing business agility and innovation through the move to cloud. Enabled by first class Dynamic Network Services from BT Connect and the best connected Cloud provider from BT Compute to give you choice, control, and flexibility.
- Digital employee: creating a productive and efficient business environment by facilitating seamless employee collaboration across technologies. Enabled by our BT One collaboration solutions that are secure and accessible, to increase productivity and speed of business.
All are supported by best in class security and professional expertise to help you identify and protect what matters the most to your business.
Our portfolio strategy, the Cloud of Clouds, creates powerful new possibilities by combining our capabilities and expertise with those of our market-leading partners, globally into one cloud ecosystem. This is what truly brings digital initiatives to life for our customers.
BT: using technology to create new possibilities
At BT connections are our business. We are trusted by thousands of enterprises around the world, combining our global strength in networks, IT and innovation with local presence, expertise and delivery. Watch this video to find out how we can help you.
BT is already serving significant global and multinational companies in the Sub-Saharan African ICT market. By investing directly into infrastructure, we are optimistic that our expanded footprint will continue to deliver our world class services to more companies."
- Oliver Fortuin, Manging Director, BT in Sub Saharan Africa
- Today, BT supports our customers through our 3 regional offices and network Points of Presence (PoP’s) in the key metropolitan areas of Johannesburg, Cape Town and Durban and offer a 24x7 network and customer support service center in Durban and Cape Town, that services 32 countries across the Middle East and African region:
- We offer a fully-fledged carrier grade voice service that includes number allocation and porting, utilising the SIP protocol. This network is incorporated within BT’s global voice network delivering traffic to almost all global destinations and offering value added services including ; global voice VPN’s, SIP clients that reduce roaming costs, and many more features.
- BT’s global media network extends to South Africa and Nigeria thereby enabling the delivery of high quality, real-time video content between South Africa, Nigeria and media hubs worldwide.
- International routing facilities at Melkbosstrand (SAT3), Yzerfontein (WACS), and Mtinzini (Seacom, EASSy and SAFE) landing stations provide for direct access to subsea cables, connecting Africa to the world.
- BT has fully launched MPLS and CPE countries though NNI (Internet Solutions) into South Africa, Nigeria, Mauritius, Kenya, Ghana, Tanzania, Mozambique, Anglo, Botswana, Zimbabwe, Namibia and Zambia.
- BT has invested in its own owned network connection between Johannesburg, Cape Town and Durban – making BT one of the first global operators in control of its own network infrastructure in South Africa.
- BT has deployed a cloud compute node in a strategic carrier neutral facility in Johannesburg, offering Infrastructure as a Service, which connects to 17 other global nodes. This investment into fiber network and POPs across Africa, places BT in a position to provide our customers with better support and enhanced network IT services, which is an essential business enabler.
- BT is also the central CPE provider to Morocco, Egypt, Nigeria and South Africa.
- BT offers enhanced security protection to all customers through Assure Threat Monitoring which protects organisations in many sectors of business and is widely used by leading banks and financial services companies, as well as other organisations targeted by cyber-attacks.
- BT partners with best of breed vendors and network expansion partners – including Avaya, Cisco, Microsoft, CMC and many more.
- Investing in the future is also important and BT today has Pan-African direct connectivity (not internet) into 300 Global Data Centers (Azure, Office 365, AWS etc.). Furthermore, BT is 1 of only 2 providers of Pan-African access to the SWIFT network, and has Pan-African Industrial IT Securitization Solutions. BT has also invested into the Lagos based global Internet Node and the Nairobi based global Internet Node.
View our infographic
View our infographic