BT offers a host of audio and video streaming services:
BT 's video streaming service can be captured via either:
- video equipment - the most popular way to capture a streamed video event
- onsite encoding.
Please speak with your BT account manager to discuss the right solution for you.
BT’s audio streaming service is captured using standard telephone equipment.
All standard streaming packages include the following:
- event duration - 1 hour average, can be extended - streaming begins 15 minutes prior to scheduled start time
- stream archiving for 90 days - with a defined number of times the stream can be viewed. (this can be varied with different package options)
- a registration page - for people to register to view the stream. This can be customized and also password protected
- user reporting - contains the results of the registration page entries, list of viewers and how long they viewed the event.
BT’s presentation package is a chargeable option that will enhance your audio or video streaming event.
The following is included in this package:
- PowerPoint slides - slides can be imported as PPT and are presented to viewers as static images. Animation is not currently supported. Multiple PowerPoint slides can be uploaded and selected as needed
- live, interactive Q&A - usually, if a participant types in a question, the presenter can verbally provide the answer during the Q&A session. Alternatively, the answer can be emailed back to the participant. If the event is configured such that the participant can see the answered questions, then the presenter can respond directly to the participant and every participant viewing the stream will be able to see both the question asked and the answer
- polling - allows the presenter to push a poll to the participants. A pop-up window is displayed to all participants while the presenter has the poll open. The pop-up window is closed once the participant votes, or when the presenter closes the poll. The presenter can also publish the results of the poll if they want
- corrective polling - allows the presenter to pose a question together with some potential answers during the live and on-demand event. When shown in the on-demand event, there’s an option to pause the event playback until all questions in corrective polling group have been correctly answered
- URL broadcast - the presenter can push a URL broadcast so that all participants get to see a nominated URL in a new internet explorer window. The URL can manually be entered or selected from a predefined URL list. Closing the URL broadcast will close all participant viewer windows
- Flash broadcast - the presenter can upload and broadcast a Flash file to all participants. The Flash file will be played over the slide window to all participants currently connected to the streaming event
- content indexing - on-demand indexing can be provided by presentation title slides or client-defined index and timings. Indexing is not supported by Firefox browsers
- speaker photos - can be displayed in the video window for audio streaming calls. Multiple speaker photos can be uploaded and selected when needed.
Including the following (additional charges apply for these services):
- stream consultation
- event management - custom productions
- custom HTML work - changes can be made to registration, launch, and viewer pages
- additional video encoding speeds