What is Colocation?
Support your business initiatives with colocation and data centre services from BT.
Recent move towards hybrid and multi-cloud solutions means that the cloud is already an important enabler for enterprise IT delivery. Still, some organisations are hesitant to move their existing on-premises infrastructures, whether it be for security and/or compliance issues or due to workloads that don’t suit virtualised platforms.
Thankfully there is also a middle ground option - a hybrid cloud solution, including colocation – renting server space in a data centre. Our colocation solution gives you a highly secure, highly available data centre solution for your IT, across the globe.
With Colocation from BT, you’ll experience:
- world-class secure data centre solutions
- futureproofed capacity and growth within purpose-built facilities
- enhanced performance with no planned downtime and 100% availability
- BT “on-net”, improving network and platform connectivity and integration options
- easy access to our latest public, private and hybrid cloud offerings
- global reach and availability to keep your services local to your users in over 200 locations globally
- standardised designs
- additional services to provide an end-to-end solution.
Our colocation services are a valuable part of our wider cloud strategy to support your business growth. Our colocation solutions are:
- scalable – access a global ecosystem of tools and locations that will help your business grow and move services closer to your users. Service management available from your BT team as a part of our broader portfolio.
- cost-effective – eliminate CapEx intensive hardware and software and easily migrate software-defined services into our fabric.
- flexible - fast and efficient capacity provisioning with less planning requirement. A platform enabled approach for simplicity, visibility and control.
- secure – dedicated space and security are built into our service.
- connected – cloud-enabled connectivity, meaning high cloud interoperability, high data portability and low latency between public and private environments.
With our colocation services, you can:
- modernise and scale your data centre capabilities – consolidating your network and IT environment into a single solution, delivered globally
- maximise cloud application performance – improve your end user experience by locating your workload wherever it benefits you
- work with our experts to design and plan your services onto a standard and globally consistent model
- minimise your operational and commercial risk – using our migration services and flexible commercial models to provide maximum business value.